Sunday, July 10, 2005

Closer




In this drama based on a hit Broadway play, Academy Award-winning director Mike Nichols exposes the ugly core hiding behind the slick veneer of the relationships of four beautiful people -- a photographer (Julia Roberts) and her boyfriend (Clive Owen), and a romantic (Jude Law) and his quirky beloved (Oscar nominee Natalie Portman). When two of them embark on an illicit affair, a cascade of betrayal ensues, questioning the very meaning of love.

Personally, Closer made me sick to my stomach. Not because of bad acting, the acting was fine. Not because of the screenplay, that was fine too. I think it was the fact that it was all about people fucking with each others heads and playing sick little mindgames that made me sick. My own real life is already way too full of those kind of people. I don't need to go and pay to see it in "make-believe". 3.5 out of 5 for acting etc. 0 out of 5 for fun factor.
Closer (2004): Reviews at Metacritic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home